Recommendation for solving problems with updating weather and coordinates
These recommendations are intended to solve the problem of obtaining GPS coordinates and weather on watch faces for Wear OS (Samsung Galaxy 4/5/6, Pixel Watch and others)
To receive weather information, the watch face needs an active Internet connection and access to GPS coordinates (location).
- Make sure "Location" is enabled both on your watch and on your smartphone.
- Make sure the watch face has permission to access the "Location".
- If "location" was disabled on your device before you installed the watch face, it may take a 5-10 minutes until the device receives the coordinates
- After that, click on the weather icon to update the information.
Possible issues with obtaining location and weather:
- If you use a VPN or a proxy on your device, then this may create problems for obtaining information about the weather.
- There may be issues with the "Allow only while using the app" permission option.
Try switching to "Ask every time" / "Only this time" / "Allow" / etc.
- In some cases, enabled Wi-Fi interferes with obtaining location, then try disabling Wi-Fi.
Connecting the watch to the Internet via Wi-Fi is intended more for developers and in most cases does not allow you to correctly update information about the weather and coordinates.
- In some cases, the operating system of the watch or smartphone disables communication on the watch due to power savings.
A sign of this can be the "crossed out cloud" icon on the watch face screen. In this case, you need to change the power saving settings on your device.
If these recommendations did not help, write to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to attach a screenshot or photo of the watch screen with the problem.